Re: GT6 - CDSE carbs.

To: thoward%sdcoe.k12.ca.us_at_internet_gateway@ccmgate1.sc.intel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 - CDSE carbs.
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 95 16:00:00 PDT
Text item:

They do have mixture adjustments.  There's a special tool that fits in the
throat (where the oil goes) that allows you to adjust the needle up or down.
Take a look in the supplement section in a Haynes manual.  It shows the tool and
how to adjust them.  The tool is available from the usual TR suppliers.  Be
aware if the carbs are old and the jet (where the needle fits in) or needles are
worn, adjusting them won't help.  Pull the whole damper assy off and look down
at the jet.  It should be round not egg shaped.  Also, the needles should have
no ridges on them.

Mike

Hello all,

I have my GT6 just about ready to run.

I was able to get a rebuilt John Kipping transmission installed and all of
the interior put back in.   I have installed new NKG plugs and set the dwell
as well as timing using an electionic light at 4 degrees ATDC.   My vacuum
redard is retarding just right.

The question.  Since the SCSE carbs have no mixture adjustment who can I get
he front carb to stop sooting my nice new plugs.   Can I lower the metering
rod a bit to lean things out?  The carbs have been disassembled and dip
cleaned with all new seals and diaphrams installed.   The air valves are free
and smooth.     (I do seem to lose damping oil though.  ????)

If I get all this sorted out I will be ready to try for that CA smog
certificate.   Which will led me on the road to the small bits of body work
needed before paint can be considered.

Thanks for you attention.

Tom Howard
72 GT6
(and assorted bits of USA iron, unloved)
Tom Howard
72 GT6

Text item: External Message Header