clutch prob's

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch prob's
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 1995 15:00:48 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Hello all,

Just want to say thankyou to everyone for their advice concerning my clutch
problems.  In the end it turned out to be the friction plate that had broken,
there was no obvious reason for this(eg, back plate not broken,etc),  John
Kipping said that he had never seen a clutch brake in such a way as mine had
and promptly replaced the plate free of charge(the plate was only a few months
old and was made by Borg and Beck).  With regards my knocking(2 week old) UJ,
this I put down to wheel spinning(Sorry, I'm an irresponsible 25 year old), as
the diff flange was actually twisted back a bit(See crap ascii drawing below).

       ___
      /( )\ --Yoke bent backwards instead of being upright
      \    \
       \    \
        \    \
 -----------------------
 |                     |   Flange.
 -----------------------

I now have an ignition problem which I put down to the ignition switch
internals being cruddy,  The problem goes like this :-

1: Ignition key is turned.
2: Engine Fires.
3: Key is released.
4: Engine stops

Engine will keep running if the key is kept turned all the way around and the
starter motor is kept running on the flywheel(NOT a good idea).  I now have an
ignition problem which I put down to the ignition switch
internals being cruddy,  The problem goes like this :-

The engine eventually keeps running, but I put this down to the constant
turning of the key cleaning a bit of the internals.  Any ideas???

ps. Sorry Phil, I forgot to say hello again, I got a bit carried away looking
around the museum, I thought restoring an LBC was a problem, how about
restoring a B52 Stratofortress!!! The museum are.