Re: Trunk lock & key needed...

To: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson), grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU
Subject: Re: Trunk lock & key needed...
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 07:02:52 -0400 "Re: Trunk lock & key needed..." (Aug 29, 12:23am)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Trunk lock & key needed...
>

> >        Does anyone have a used trunk lock and key they would like to sell
> >or swap?
> >
> >        I disassembled mine on my 1500 Spit yesterday and finally got the
> >latch to close properly.
> >        The car came without a key for the trunk or doors.  I'd like to get
> >the trunk to lock initially, and will eventually get the doors to lock since
> >I have the original hardtop with this car.
> >
> >        Anyway, Please RSVP.
> >
> >P.S.    I have seen the complete lock kits in VicBrit's Summer special
> >catalog, but it         appears that the 1500 kit is not offered otherwise
> >I'd go down this route and         replace them all.
> >
> >Nick D. Benson
> >Dept. of Industrial Sciences
> >Colorado State University
> >Fort Collins  CO
> >

> Nick, Roadster Factory has door lock set part No.576469 and trunk lock
> part no. 722675. Both with keys. Any local locksmith can rekey the trunk
> lock to accomodate the door keys for around eight bucks.
> Good luck.
> Tony R.
> 69GT6
> 68GT6
> 64TR4
>
> TTFN
> ###
>-- End of excerpt from Tony Robinson

First, I haven't looked at the catalogs, but if they list the MK IV
lockset, it will fit the 1500 as well.

Second, Tony, the door key and the trunk key on the MK IV and 1500
models were of a completly different style. I doubt the even the best
locksmith could rekey the trunk lock to match the doors. ;)

Doug Mitchell