Re: Snow Tires

To: Jim Roberts <jr@al.noaa.gov>
Subject: Re: Snow Tires
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 13:33:15 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Cars Triumph <TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net>
On 25 Aug 1995, Jim Roberts wrote:

>                       Subject:                              Time:  10:58
>   OFFICE MEMO         Snow Tires                            Date:  8/25/95
>
> I have a TR4 and I'm wondering if it is worth it, or advisable to put some
> kind of snow or all-weather tires on it for this winter. I also wonder
> whether Okie snow tires (sand bags in the boot) help at all. I know it's a
> bit early for this, but I'm just trying to plan.  BTW, I live in Colorado,
> and while I don't plan on taking the thing up in the mountains, I would like
> to get around town safely. Any and all advice appreciated.
>
> TTFN
>
> JR,  '65 TR4  CT35059
First of all, if they use salt on the roads put the TR away for the
winter. As for snow tires, Nokia NR10 or Bridgestone Blizzak are the best.
The Blizzaks are probably easier to find; call The Tire Rack for info.
Either choice will make you a rocket in the ice or snow. (Take the advice
of a PRO Rally driver.)

Phil Barnes  '71 TR-6 CC61193