Re: Complaint about TRF stuff

To: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com
Subject: Re: Complaint about TRF stuff
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 14:22:09 -0400 (EDT)

> OK, I just gotta vent my frustration.
>
> Now, I'm pretty tolerant about parts quality, etc.  The fact I get a lot of my
> stuff from VB should attest to that.
>
> But I recently got the sun visor set for my Spit Mk3 from TRF's sale flyer for
> $82 or so, and I was really disappointed. I've kept it, because it's better
> than what I had, but I thought it was a pretty poor set for that kind of
>money.

  Well, for what it's worth, I ordered one visor from TRF and one visor from
VB (Don't ask, long story), and they were exactly the same quality. (poor,
but usable).

  I've often thought VB gets trashed on this list more than it should, but I
have to admit I just got bitten by them.  I ordered their spitfire "Major
Suspension Kit" which rebuilds the front suspension.  The catalog indicated
that it had the same parts as the the kits from MOSS and TRF, and it was a
little cheaper so I bought it from them.  When I got it, it was missing
random pieces, so I called customer service to get those extra parts out to
me, nobody useful was there, but they left a message.
  Well, a week later I got a call back saying those pieces weren't included
in the kit.  When I directed the man to the page in the catalog, he agreed
that the catalog said it did.  A call back later, he said it was a mis-print
and those parts didn't come in the kit anymore.
  I told him it seems awful strange to call it a "Major Suspension Kit" if
it doesn't have all the parts.  Seems strange too that they used to include
them, and now the don't, but the price is the same as the old one.
  The guy on the phone agreed that I should feel like I was getting screwed,
and that it was their mistake, but didn't offer any reasonable solution (He
offered to wave shipping if I bought the extra pieces).
  Doesn't make me particularly happy with VB. Too bad for them, cause I'm
just about to order all the parts for my MGB restoration, and I'm going to
give thousands of $$$ worth of business to somebody else cause they didn't
want to send me the $20 worth of parts they owed me.

  So, if we all chip in $1, can we get TRF's stock replenished?

                                        Jeremy 'learned my lesson' DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation