[no subject]

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
From: mike@twinpeaks.prc.com (Mike Ladwig)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 11:08:04 -0500
Gerry Dennis <gdennis@freenet.niagara.com> writes:
>If you, carefully, use a pry bar (appropriate size) between the pully and
>the tubular frame you can easily create enough space for the belt to pass
>though.

I've gotten away with this myself...however, be _very_ careful! It's very
easy to break or chip the edge of the pulley (which can cause belts to wear
very quickly).  I imagine that it wouldn't be hard to distort the steering
rack (which I seem to recall is also in the way).

I think the last time I did this, I loosened up the engine mounts and
lifted the engine up a bit.

mike.