Re: Has stopped bloody leaking!!<Pine.A32.3.91.950808230858.27014C-10000

To: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: Re: Has stopped bloody leaking!!<Pine.A32.3.91.950808230858.27014C-100000@holly.ACNS.ColoState.EDU>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 13:14:57 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
You wrote:-

>Original problem:  Reservoir leaking at interface with Brake master cylinder.

>For some reason, the reservoir has stopped leaking on its own, but I
>did remove the reservoir, sand off the high points and use blue RTV
>compound as someone suggested.

Last week I rebuilt a dual circuit master cylinder for a friend, it hasn't
shown any signs of leakage yet, but what I checked whilst doing it was that the
breather hole in the cap was clear.  Thinking that maybe this could cause the
leaks if it became blocked and somehow the resevoir became slightly
pressurised.  I don't know whether this  could happen, but it sounds feasible.

Rich