water pump not in line?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: water pump not in line?
From: widget@pixi.com (Paul Swengler)
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 1995 07:12:38 -0400
Been there done that... From Experience:

        The 250 is slightly different in the front of the engine than the
tr6. The water punps are technically interchangable but the pulley is
pressed further back than on the 6. Also the pump drive shaft may be a
different diameter.
        But the fix is: Pull the pump and press the pulley further down the
shaft. Make sure there's room to slip the nuts and washers on.

____________
as far as corvairs, well it is made by GM and we all know what GM stands for.
___________________________

>Do they need to be in the same plane?  My old Corvair's fan pulley
>(air-cooled car) and crank pulley were not only in different planes, but
>on different axis ;-)
>
>On Thu, 3 Aug 1995, Keith B. Thompson - Sun wrote:
>

>> hi,
>>
>> my latest tr250 problem (actually it's always been like this but
>> i'm just now getting to it) is that the pulley on my water
>> pump does not seem to be on the same plane as the crankshaft
>> pulley. i have not taken the water pump apart because i would
>> not know what i am looking for. i'm assuming that all these bits
>> should be one the same plane? everything works but if figure
>> this is not good for the bearings etc.
>>
>> one thought has been that the alt. really the one off and should
>> be one the front side of the bracket that hangs off the engine
>> block. that would put it closer to even with the water pump but
>> off (i think) with the crankshaft? my manual has a drawing with
>> the alt in front of the bracket and a picture with it behind it!?
>>
>> i guess i'm asking two things. where should the alt. go? and
>> (if the water pump is off line) what should i be looking
>> for?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> kbt

 Great minds think alike...
                Simple minds seldom think differently.

Paul Swengler                      Providing Hawaii's Legal Community
The Law Book Store            with quality legal materials since 1990
4557 Ukali St.            New & Used Books, Anatomical Models, CD-Rom
Honolulu HI 96818
Voice: 808-422-6322    Fax: 808-423-8282