Re: Parts suppliers

To: gpetrola@prairienet.org
Subject: Re: Parts suppliers
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 11:02:01 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: JMardy@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net

> On Thu, 27 Jul 1995 JMardy@aol.com wrote:
>
> > I would like to get a consensus regarding the difference in quality, price
> > and service between Moss and TRF.
>
>[SNIP]
>                                                                   Among
>       stateside major suppliers, I would use British Victoria last. In my
>       opinion they are the least easy to work with. They hold all orders
>       48 hours and when you need a part NOW you need it NOW. That being
>       said they do have some parts that other suppliers don't...

  Hey come on, that isn't fair.  It's not true that they hold all orders for
48 hours.  My last order from them was at my door in 48 hours.  VB ships
same day on orders received before 3:00pm central.  I don't know why VB gets
picked on so much.  I've found their parts just as good (just as bad? :-) as
Moss, and I've found their service definately better.  Moss may be more
interested in talking to you (if you've got an MG, otherwise forget it), but
they've also gotten mixed up on occasion about parts avaliability and
applicability, which I've never experienced with VB (course, that doesn't
mean it doesn't happen).

  I think there's no doubt TRF is by far the most informed and most
friendly, and I usually try them first, but what can you do? They don't seem
have any parts in stock anymore.  The last few times I've called, the parts
have been on indefinate back order, VB had them.  The lesser quality parts
from VB argument may be a good one, but lately my choice has been possibly
lesser quality or nothing.

  My usual approach is TRF, VB, Moss, then search around at the little
places.

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation