Re: help!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: help!
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 95 14:53:26 CDT
>Jon Moody asks about his TR6
>How big of a job is it to drop the exhaust system (I
>have monzas on my car)? and is this necessary to take the diff out?

I have Monzas and managed to get the diff out by just lowering the rear of
the system, i.e. drop the rear hangers and weight the rear tips down or
have assistant lean on them. It's still tricky: the diff's drive flanges
_barely_ clear the exhaust pipes with some gymnastics. But less tricky than
trying to disassemble an exhaust system that's been in place awhile.

The diff has to drop enough to clear the front mounting studs, then ooze
backward far enough to rotate one flange downward and fall between the dual
Monza pipes. Just don't let it fall on your chest!

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, Fax: 608-273-5061, Internet: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com