help!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: help!
From: "Jon Moody (BME)" <mood@rad.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 12:43:58 -0400 (EDT)
I need some help / advice on some work I am going to be doing on my '73 TR6.
The diff leaks oil pretty badly and I am planning on removing it and
having my mechanic(who has a decent machine shop) replace all the seals
and gaskets. When I do this I will also be replacing the bushes on the
suspension arms. How big of a job is it to drop the exhaust system (I
have monzas on my car)? and is this necessary to take the diff out?
The second problem is w/ the frame - I have  *a little* rust on one the
trailing  arms. My mechanic  tells me it not that bad a problem and what
we are planning on doing is grinding  out the rusty metal and welding in
new metal and then using waxoil on the rest of the frame as a preventative.
How good is waxoil at preventing rust ?  Thanks in advance.

Jon Moody