TR3A - 1961

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A - 1961
From: gaoliver@joplin.att.com (G A Oliver)
Date: 31 May 95 08:51:44 -0400
Email-version: 2
Help!

I have a line on a 1961 TR3A, I don't know very much about the car, the
current owner bought it 17 years ago from a friend to restore, but never did,
and now wants to get rid of it.  He said the car is complete and original
except for the seats (any special issue here?) and when I asked about rust, I
was told the rocker panels.

The car is not running now, but that is not an issue for me, I'm more
concerned about known weak spots - transmission, rear end, frame, body, etc.
Where should I look for problems, I can handle most mechanical work myself,
but have NO capability to do body work (i.e. rust repair).  The car is almost
free, $400, but even at this price, at what point should I just walk away?

I may see the car as early as tonight so quick responses would be appreciated.

I'm new to this list, so I'm not familiar with the conventions, if netiquette
dictates that you should reply directly to me, I'm gaoliver@joplin.att.com,
otherwise please post you're reply to the list.

TIA

George Oliver