Re: Matching Paint Codes, etc

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Matching Paint Codes, etc
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Wed, 24 May 95 15:01:42 CDT
Mike wrote:
>I'm not saying this is what happened, but it *is* possible!  As for
>commission numbers, I've always understood that they should be
>*exactly* the same, if original.  Being 'close' isn't good enough and
>it's possible the motor was replaced with a comm # which was close,
>later in life (or early).

My understanding is the opposite, that engine numbers and commission
numbers were only close. From a manufacturing viewpoint it would be wasted
effort with no added value. Given BL's level of organization, it is hard to
envision being able to match the motors coming in with the cars going out
even if they wanted to. It's not like Corvettes where people talk about
"all numbers matching."

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, Fax: 608-273-5061, Internet: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com