documentation on the demise of Triumph

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: documentation on the demise of Triumph
From: "Jeff Wagner" <JWAGNER@jmail.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 19:18:02 EST
Hey folks,
The Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration says they'll give me
historic tags for my '72 TR6 if I can show them clear documentation
that Triumphs are no longer being produced.  Having such a
registration would help me get this car on the road a lot sooner.

They said it could be a magazine article or a book, but must clearly
state that Triumphs are no longer in production (not produced for the
US market might suffice).  I quickly scanned my old Road & Tracks but
found nothing.  Does anyone know of a specific book or magazine article
that would fill the bill?

TIA,
Jeff Wagner                   internet:  jw3@umail.umd.edu
Chief Engineer, Nonprint Media        phone:  301-405-9230
4208 Hornbake Library
University of Maryland
College Park, MD  20742-7011