Re: let's talk leprosy...

To: doug@dsg128.nad.ford.com
Subject: Re: let's talk leprosy...
From: jerry@tr2.com (Jerome Kaidor)
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 21:01:35 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

   People have all come out for the "lepers", I thought I'd put in a word
for restoration, just to be fair.

  Now anybody who's seen the Clankster knows me as a leper of the first
order.  Did I paint it with thick roller or the thin one?  I'll never
tell :-).  The Clankster has a TR4A engine, TR3 brakes, a TR3 rear end,
and is soon to have a TR4 transmission and TR3A seats.

  But there's a joy to restoration that transcends having a "garage queen".

To take a car apart, catalogue, clean and paint/plate/whatever every last
part, fuss over it until it's *perfect*, not have a care for when it
gets done - Nirvana.  To concentrate completely on the current bit,
forget yourself, forget the world - I think of it as a kind of meditation.

    A professional mechanic lives a different life.  Beat the flat rate!
Work quickly and accurately!  If you take too long, you're losing money!
I did it for a year.  Never worked so hard.

                                 - Jerry Kaidor