Let's all have a good weekend!

To: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Subject: Let's all have a good weekend!
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 13:12:29 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 28 Apr 1995, R John Lye wrote:

> There was a fellow who lived in Boulder who was autocrossing
> a GT-6 with a BOP 215 V-8 a few years back.  He had to cut
> a hole in the bonnet for the air cleaner to protrude through
> and had to amke a few other mods - but it sure was fast!

John,
        No way I'm going to cut a hole in my hood to fit an American
Lump.  I suppose if I did though, I could put one of those neeto ABS
plastic hood scoops from Pep-Boys.  ;-) ;-) <----Sarcastic Smileeyys.

I like the clean lines of the Spit, and I'll try my darnedest to make
frame modifications to get that motor under the stock hood.
I only had to drop the GT-6 motor 1.5" to get it to clear the Spit hood,
so we'll see how the 215 goes.  I go to look at it this afternoon.

Just to cheese a few more people off, (or provide a good laugh), I was
going to leave the rest of the drivetrain stock to see how long it can
hold up!  Hopefully it will hold up long enough for me to amass enough cash
to buy/make a stiffer drivetrain.

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND, and don't take life (or originality) too
seriously.  Have fun with your cars if you have the proper combination of
sun, time and a working LBC.  B-)

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6