Re: Wire Wheels -Reply -Reply

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels -Reply -Reply
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 00:09:04 -0400
A friendly fellow power bulge afficianado responded to my problem with the
following:

>It seems most cars that have been driven hard (nobody drives LBC's
>hard  do they) end up with distorted rims.  A friend in the tire business
>says that there are machines that will straighten steel wheels,  it is quite
>inexpensive.  He quoted me about $15 a wheel.  Alloy wheels cannot be
>straightened by these machines.

WHERE?  That seems unbeleveable!  I hope it is true (Yeah yeah bad pun)

Do they use a big ole Hydraulic press or something?  Can it fix both run out
and (what the heck is the term for egg shaped wheels) out of roundness?

Do you have to repaint the wheels?

Or do they do something much more dramatic like cutting out the center and
re-welding it?

Anyone . . . . .Anyone . .

Scott Tilton
In Richmond Virginia