hoax

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"%mole.dnet.mmm.com@MOLE.mmm.com
Subject: hoax
From: ccamley@mmm.com (Chris Amley - 3M Co. - St. Paul, MN)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 10:56:59 -0500
>If the program is not stopped, the computer's processor will be placed in
>an nth-complexity infinite binary loop - which can severely damage the
>processor if left running that way too long.  Unfortunately, most

These hoaxes always seem to have a giveaway.  An "n-th complexity infinite
binary loop"?  Didn't I read about that in "Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy"?

But still, it's an intriguing thought...the logic circuits in a computer
actually being damaged by running the same program too many times!

Chris Amley                             ccamley@mmm.com
TR-3A TS39449L