<subject>

To: "Triumphs Posting" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: <subject>
From: "Scott Cypher" <scott_cypher@perform.vt.edu>
Date: 14 Apr 1995 07:03:31 -0500
                      <subject>                                    4/14/95

Without knowing alot of detail about your paint job, I assume when you talking
quarts, you're talking pre-thinned paint.

Are you really using a lacquer paint?  my understanding of that kind of a job
is layers, layers, layers.  There are paints that are meant to be one shot
deals, but they are usually a urethane...

Overall, a quart, even for an MGB, sounds a bit shy. I'm in the process of a
TR6 body off, and 1 used a gallon+  of  "sticky" primer, gallon + of sandable
K200 primer, and a gallon of Deltron for the frame and tub (all unthinned
quantities,final coats finished on frame and tub, body panels only up to
sandable).  I have another gallon of Deltron for the body panels and surplus in
the even I "ding" things.

As too how much more/too fast, that depends on how thick you want the paint,
what was the previous color, or did you sand down to primer, etc.  If you're
looking at an earl shieb type job, then at most another quart.  Else, buy two
or three.  A basic rule of thumb, when done right, the more coats the better
(not necessarily thicker paint, rather more layers.)

A recommendation on paints is if you are planning to keep the car, keep some
extra paint for the inevitable chip and repairs jobs you will have.  color
matching, especially on custom colors, can be highly variable, even on
"programmed" colors.  Freuhauf yellow mix formula can vary from store to store,
paint mfg to paint mfg, month to month.  Still is Freuhauf yellow in '95, but
it may not look like when you bought it in '92

Hope you're respirator is full face.....Solvents and eyes don't work well
together....
------

From: DANIELS@LMSBV3.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu)
Subject: How much paint ?!