Introduction

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Introduction
From: Tom Leake <TOML@novell.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 14:33:38 -0600
My name is Tom Leake,  I have lurked on the british car list for a while
I just joined the Triumphs mailing list.  I also just got back into Triumphs
last night.

I just purchased a 65 TR4a IRS.  Commission CTC50509.  The cars body
is in excellent condition (esp for Utah), solid and straight.  It is supposed
to be a good runner (at least the drivetrain is all there and does run).
The interior is mostly missing.  I have brand MOSS standard grade
carpet for and a new dash.   I will need new seats (including the
frames), door panels etc.

I also have a few questions, like does anyone have a source for
seat frames?

The paint was orignally 26, which I am told is Wedgwood blue.  I
understand this is a fairly rare color for a TR4.   It has been painted
Signal Red.  I am considering returning it to its original blue, but I am not
sure if this is as desirable a color as the red (except in originality),  any
comments?

Also I found this car at what seemed to be an excellent price and
bought it.  Any comments on current TR4 values would also be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom Leake
Opinions expressed do not reflect those of my employer