Re: Exhuast Notes (Was ANSA exhaust

To: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Exhuast Notes (Was ANSA exhaust
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 11:01:30 -0900 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

On Tue, 11 Apr 1995 TR4guyinVA@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about ABARTH (sp?) exhaust.  I got a friend that
> says they were "the muffler" for TR's in the 60's.   Said they had a real
> nice note.  Is this company still around?

If I might expand on this thought: How about Stebro? They made systems
similar to the Abarths. I had one on a TR3A and was very happy with it.
I would be curious to know if either company still supplies these? I
seem to recall not too long ago that Stebro had gone into the stainless
steel exhaust business, but I haven't seen any ads in awhile. I also
recall that about 5-6 years ago, someone in Hemmings was selling some
NOS Abarth systems, particularly for Volvo 140 series. I would have
bought one, save for the fact that the mighty B-18 went sour in a fairly
expensive way about the same time.

Andy Mace