Spit. timing & fuel mixture

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit. timing & fuel mixture
From: davcla@ix.netcom.com (David Clark)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 21:09:41 -0700
Hi All,

Having a little trouble getting my 1979 Spitfire Tuned up.  Just put a
different engine in it about a month ago and it had a Weber instead of
the ZS.  1: The Timing advance now is routed to the manifold instead the
carb.  If I use a light, the timing mark appears to be way advance(off
the indicator) so I have to set the timing be ear, ugh! There has to be
a better way!  2: I am having trouble Identifing which webber is on
there therefore I cant figure how to adjust is. It is a downdraft and
there appears to be a adjustment screw above and to the right of the
choke cam ( facing perpandicular to the Driversside tire) and a screw
below and a little to the left of the choke cam(at an angle of about 45
degrees to the rear).  HELP!

Thanks,

David Clark