Re: Brake Problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Problems
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 1995 15:03:48 -0400
++> I'm getting pretty pissed off at brakes on my TR-4.  They just don't seem to
++> release after I let go of the pedal.  The car ain't easy to push either.

++> Has anyone else had similar problems?  Any suggestions?

        You might start by trying to figure which of the brakes are sticking.
Try lifting each corner of the car and rotating the wheels.  If they are all
locked
up, I would look into the master cylinder or a main distribution point (I'm
guessing the 4 has a single brake system).  If you find that or one
or two are not releasing, you can be pretty sure the problem is between the
main branch and the wheel.

--
William Woodruff        woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu
Ann Arbor MI