Re: Rear End Gear Ratios

To: "Tigers" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rear End Gear Ratios
From: "Bob Hokanson" <tgrrr@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:50:54 -0800
Hi,
I have a "world class" T-5 with 2.95 first gear and .80 overdrive 5th.  Rear
is 3.73 posi runnning 2.25 VR 40 X 16 Yokohamas.  Gives super acceleration
out of the hole and cruises about 2600 RPM at 60 mph in 5th.  Runs behind
322 ci "stroker" with Crower roller cam of .597 lift and 292 duration.  In
spite of cam, it pulls really good at lower rpm due to individual runner
induction with 4 Weber IDA 48's and will idle at 750 RPM.

Bob H
B9470168