Re: Re[2]: DMV hassles

To: nicholsj@oakwood.org, owner-tigers@Autox.Team.Net, ritchie@mcn.org,
Subject: Re: Re[2]: DMV hassles
From: ThePiasa@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 01:22:45 -0400 (EDT)
Let me branch out on this thread...I have a 67 "Roots" registered in CA. I
think that designation may have helped me beat a bad smog check that listed
the car as a "gross polluter" during a earlier check by the previous owner.
One garage wouldn't even perform the check because their computer showed the
state had already tagged it as a GP. When I took it to my corner gas station
for retesting, they listed it correctly as a Rootes Sunbeam and it passed
right away with no bad stuff showing up on the state's computer. Otherwise I
would not have been able to register the car without going to a state smog
facility and paying them to retest it again (and again...every year!)
Dodged (no pun intended) a bullet there!

Dave