Moss versus VB

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Moss versus VB
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 21:28:50 FILETIME=[31991180:01C167D3]
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Lists,

I've found that Moss carries a lot more than they say they do.  If you use a
knowledgeable drop-shipper (several on list), they can get you part numbers
for many things that aren't in the catalog, especially nuts and bolts.  Just
ask.  Also, by using a drop shipper, you save some moola and Moss will
usually meet or beat Vicky Brit's price (probably works the other way around
also; I would guess it would depend on who you like better).  One note on
quality (and I'm not saying this is a hard and fast rule, just something I
experienced once), I once ordered a 'choke cable retaining strap' (best as I
can remember that is what it is called).  Using the drop shipper and
comparing prices, this was the only item that Moss refused to match VB's
price.  I ordered this item from VB.  I got an ordinary plastic zip strip (I
have a whole bunch of them and didn't pay a quarter or fifty cents a piece
for them when I bought them from Wal-Mart either).  I reordered from Moss
and got a large plastic piece that actually looked like it was specially
designed (kinda like a figure eight).  Your results may vary.

Ryan