Re: Auction Sniper?

To: John Holliday <fprodget@yahoo.com>, James Kleemeyer <jkk@adams.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auction Sniper?
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 08:37:58 -0700
I've done my successful bidding by proxie.  I put in what I am willing to pay,
sometimes pretty high if I know it's unobtanium stuff, and set my bid increment.
This high bid is kept secret and I sometimes get it for a whole lot less than my
bid maximum.  I suspect the flurry of last minute bidding is also a lot of
automatic proxie bids kicking in, after a few "live" bids are cas possibly from
good "Buddies" of the seller.

Paul A

John Holliday wrote:

> In my last year or so of ebay experience, I have
> ALWAYS been outbid in the last seconds when having the
> high bid. It is useless to place an early bid for the
> world to see, someone always tops it. As a result, I
> now track interested items and I place my bid as well
> with about 10 seconds to go (as long as it is not gone
> up to the usually ridiculous amount a lot of things
> sell for on ebay). It is the only way I have won a
> bid.
>
> John H.
> http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

///