Re: [Spits] Timing chain cover nut

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spits] Timing chain cover nut
From: mark.jones@exxonmobil.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 09:10:51 -0500
If the engine is out of the car and on an engine stand, turn the engine
over and remove the oil pan.  Put a short length 2x4 between a lob on the
crank shaft and the engine case.  This is to keep the crank from moving
while you loosen the crank bolt.  This method has worked for me both times
I have had to take off this nut.

Mark

From: "OKCSpitfire" <OKCSpitfire@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [Spits] Timing chain cover nut

Does any one have a way to remove the crankshaft bolt in front of the
timing chain. I went to Harbor Freight to get a socket set that had a
socket big enough to fit the bolt 1-13/16". Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advanced
OKCSpitfire