RE: GT6 Carpet

To: "'Roger Elliott'" <elliottr@rmi.net>, "'Spitfire'"
Subject: RE: GT6 Carpet
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 09:26:21 -0000

Hi Roger,
Unless things have changed recently, the ONLY moulded Spitfire and GT6
carpet sets are manufactured by Newton Commercial. These have always been
tufted pile, Newton maintain that there is no available loop pile carpet
which is capable of being moulded by their process.
I have used the Newton carpets in several vehicles and they are very good,
professional results with very little effort. In a MkIV or 1500 Spitfire the
carpet doesn't look out of place, but on earlier cars I feel it sticks out
like a sore thumb.
So, horses for courses. Very good carpet, but still looks wrong in most
Triumphs. It depends what's important to you,
Cheers,
Bill.

===     http://www.vtr.org