RE: 1500 engine rebuild

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 1500 engine rebuild
From: "Ken C" <sdspitfire@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 14:47:27 +0000
Hi Mike,

About 3-4 years ago I built up a 1500. Used the flat top pistons and
'shaved' the head to achieve a 9.5:1 compression ratio. And the engine runs
fine on USA 91 octane gasoline.

The pistons alone won't do much, it's the cylinder head work that did the
trick. Take the head to a competent engine rebuilder and talk it over. Tell
him what compression you are looking for and he should be able to get close.

Ken C

>Here's my next crossroad that I would like the advice of the list members.
>I'm thinking of changing the pistons from the dished out type that have a
>7.5 to 1 compression ratio to the flat type that have a 9.0 to 1 ratio.  Do
>you think this is a good idea?
>

>Mike

Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship Series.  Who will win?
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevscarl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001

===     http://www.vtr.org