Dual SU HS4 Instalation Tips

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Dual SU HS4 Instalation Tips
From: "Pierre Michell" <trspitfire@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 11:12:15 -0400
Hell list,

I have acquired a couple of correct sets of Euro HS4 carbs with the manifold
and linkage for my Spit 1500.  I also have the European exhaust manifold and
dual downpipe and am getting some plugs for the air rail holes in the
head...So, it seems I'm about ready to make the conversion.

Does anyone have any tips to ease the install, or perhaps problems you
encountered during the conversion and how you overcame them?  I'd like to do
the conversion in a weekend and not have my car down for a few weeks because
I forgot something.

Also, mine is a 1980--any tips on how to route all the vapor recovery
lines?  Should I still use my vacuum advance (think its actually a retard on
the 1980)... One carb set has a vacuum conection apparently for this purpose
and the other does not.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter