Re: Miata seats - update

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miata seats - update
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:59:42 -0400
I'd be very interested to see those pictures if you ever find them.  But I
know
that your fabrication skill level is WAY above mine.

I had cut the tops off of the foams.  I used an angle grinder so I could
make
long sweeps and basically keep the contours and a smooth surface.  The
seat covering is a little loose now in the cushion area, but barely
noticeable.
Your way, however, probably would have been better.  I was concerned
about following the shape of the underside of the cushion which was rather
complex.  It never occurred to me that the cushion would automatically
compress to follow the contours.  Duh.

Thanks!

Greg

===     http://www.vtr.org