Re: Legality of the removal of front side marker lights...

To: "Smith, Brian \(CP\)" <BrianSmith1@templeinland.com>,
Subject: Re: Legality of the removal of front side marker lights...
From: "Chas. Schlismann" <racegt6@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:31:41 -0700 (PDT)
"Smith, Brian (CP)" <BrianSmith1@templeinland.com> wrote:

""I have been contemplating removing the front marker lights and welding up
the holes on my 1972 Spitfire. These lights were not installed on home
market cars. They are not available new and my old bases are cracked and
dry. What are the chances that "John Law" is going to know the difference.
Our inspection stations are not run by the state so they won't know the
difference. ""

Brian,
I did this to my 71 GT6 and have had no probs.  However, we do not have car
inspection in Illinois.  My reason for removal was the race sanctioning body
required it; yes, I did drive it on the road as well for a long time (though it
is now strictly a track car).  I would strongly suggest caution at night as
I've been hit at noon because the semi driver "didn't see me".  Charlie

===     http://www.vtr.org