RE: "Locate engine in gearbox" huhh!

To: "Team.net Spit list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: "Locate engine in gearbox" huhh!
From: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@dccnet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:40:37 -0700
Wow, thanks for the responses: Michael, Bill D, Jim, David, Bill K, John,
Joe.
Sounds like I'm on the right track.
I changed the clutch, using the famous masking tape on a wood dowel to
create a centring tool.

The shaft is partly in, and is within the splines of the plate because I can
feel resistance when turning the crank pulley. I'm within about two inches
of being "in".
Sounds good, but it's been there since before about 2 pm yesterday, and I
kept at it until after 7pm. Grr. Will try the longer bolt trick (thanks
John).

Now I understand why Bill D wasn't tempted to remove without transmission.
The possibility of doing this swap (engines) without having to rip the
interior apart is how I got here.

Last thing I did last night was to jack up the trans, and change the link in
the hoist chain to improve angle (thanks Joe).

Will try again shortly
Cheers

Nick Moseley