more bushing discussion....

To: nass@yahoogroups.com (NASS List), spitfires@autox.team.net (Spit
Subject: more bushing discussion....
From: george.r.parker@att.net
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:50:01 +0000
With all this talk of bushings - original rubber/urethane/metal/etc. - it got
me to wondering.  My car has a "firm" enough ride with the 26 year old rubber
bushings - not sure I'd want to go to urethane (even if it does make the
handling razor sharp).  The car handles well enough for the street driving I
do, and I autocross so seldom these days, I wouldn't worry about it.  But I
can't help but wonder - If I go to all the trouble (when my garage is finally
finished!) to replace bushings, are there rubber bushings that will be a bit
firmer (and more durable) than the original rubber, but not as firm as the
urethane??

Or am I completely misunderstanding the point of urethane bushings....?

Thanks!
--
George P.
NASS #290