RE: gloppy paint and a new web page

To: <s1500@comcast.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: gloppy paint and a new web page
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:33:21 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: spitfires-owner@autox.team.net
[mailto:spitfires-owner@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of s1500@comcast.net
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 10:58 AM
To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: gloppy paint and a new web page

So now I'm trying to repaint some parts on the 'ol spit, trying to make
them look nice and new.

Tried using dupli-color paints, but on my initial tests it just will NOT
spray right. I shake the can religously and keep it at a distance. More
paint ends up on the can and on my fingers than on the object in
question. There's the nice light stream, but also shooting gobs of paint
at the part, and not making a nice coat. One exception was when I
repainted the sun visor holder arms, which came out nice and smooth.

Any advice? Or should i look for a new brand of paint here? A bit
disconcening.

Also, new rough draft web page on restoring a handbrake console with the
vinyl kit provided by Newton Commercial. For me it's taking longer than
normal since I want to get it done right:

http://british.nerp.net/car/proc/interior/handbrake-console.html

It's unfinished, but a start. Right now i'm on the last stages of gluing
back on the numerous tabs on the front part(where the handle sticks
out). Then i have the fun daunting task of getting the "boot" part(the
vinyl cone) back on, and bending the clips into place with my prosthetic
ring(original cardboard one was not re-usable).. yay.

Who are the ad wizards who thought cardboard would make a great backing
for interior parts?

--

All I can think of is that the nozzle became partially clogged after you
sprayed the visor frames.  To avoid this, always turn the can

Joe