Re: Connecting a voltmeter

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Connecting a voltmeter
From: Marv Coulthard <coulthard@saltspring.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 23:09:50 -0700
Ever so minuscule.. in the neighborhood of 1 or 2 milliamps.   Best to hook
it to the output of the regulator... on someplace in this line.  It is not
activated until the key is on.. and take a glance at it before you hit the
starter..It will tell you if the regulator  and generator/alternator is
working right.  Engine not running = 12V  engine running = 13.5V  Starting
.. ohh about 10V.

cheers
Marv