speedo problems

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: speedo problems
From: Gary Leroux <geevee@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:23:53 -0700
  My speedo quit working today and it looks like the cable is fine, anyone out
there have any ideas on what else I might check?  I noticed just before it
stopped working altogether that it was bouncing erratically and then finally
just parked at zero.  The ignition and oil pressure light still work on the
speedo face.  Another strange occurence from " lucas the prince of darkness "
is whenever I turn my headlights on the tach ( electric } stops
working.....weird.  Any thoughts or suggestions will be much apreciated.
                                                      Gary.