Spitfire tub

To: "SpitfireMailList" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire tub
From: "Ed Hamilton" <h_edward@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 21:20:44 -0500
I'm placing a 1979 spitfire tub on a 1972 Gt6 chassis.  I can't remember how
the chassis/body mating was on either of the complete cars. Here, however,
is my current dilemma -- On each side of the transmission tunnel (on the Gt6
chassis), approximately a half inch square and two inches or so in length
are two blocks.  The center support bracket attaches to these raised blocks.
The spit chassis had them as well but I simply can not remember how the fit
was with the body tub.  The spit tub (which I'm using) doesn't have any
cut-out or recess around these blocks; just holes cut in the tub for the
bracket attachment. So, the spit tub rests on top of these blocks.  This
causes a similar gap (between the tub & chassis) all along the transmission
tunnel. I'm not sure what I'm missing here with the mating of the Spit/Gt6.
I don't recall the Gt6 or the spit having the above "gap" between the body
and frame -- Perhaps it was there all along and I just didn't notice it?
Certainly am glad I decided to check the fit and put the tub on prior to
having it painted. I appreciate/welcome the comments.

Best regards,

Ed Hamilton