Bye-Bye Daffy

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bye-Bye Daffy
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:33:16 +0100
Well, an era has come to an end.  On Saturday morning, Daffy left my life.
The new owner will combine her most useful bits (chassis, engine, gearbox
and whatever) with those of a blue Spitfire he is rebuilding, so at least
out of Daffy's death a revived Spitfire will rise again.

So, for now, I am Triumph-less, and indeed old-car-less (although the Fiesta
I'm getting around in is hardly youthful!).  This will, I'm sure, be a
short-term state - while I do not have the loose change in my pockets to
replace her right away, I am confident that in a couple of years or so I
will get another frivolous old car.  It may be another Spit, or (finances
allowing) it may be a Stag, so the whole family can enjoy Triumphant driving
together.  I'll decide when I'm closer to that moment!

I shall remain a member of this mailing list, although without a car of my
own to fix I will only be in a position to answer questions, not ask any!
There's too much good cameraderie around here for me to lose out on that
just because I don't have the car any more.

Meanwhile, if anyone in the UK wants a hard-top for a square-tail, the new
owner didn't take it so it's on eBay, couple of days left 'til it goes.
I've also got a heater matrix, all gauges, propshaft (for non-O/D), head
gasket kit, outer door handle assembly (pass side I think...), tatty-ish
wooden dash, and probably some other bits I can't remember left over.  If
anyone wants any of these for a few pennies plus postage, give me a yell
over the next couple of days, or they'll go on eBay too.

Richard, no Daffy

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
stated in this communication shall be legally binding.