2 Years of Triumphing!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 2 Years of Triumphing!
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:33:22 +0100 (BST)
Listers,

The end of September signifies the start of a third year of Triumphing for
me!

What a ride its been! I'm even on to my 2nd Spitfire! Looking back at what
I've done, its pretty scary... considering I'd never picked up a spanner
before... let alone knew what a carburettor was!

In a sort of list of highlights from memory... in order I might add...

Carbs/Springs/Needles/K&Ns, Exhaust, UJs & Halfshafts, Front
Shocks/Springs, New Engine & Gearbox, Radiator, Rear spring/shocks,
Alternator, Full Sports Exhaust... Im sure there's more... and I've missed
off all the little bits and pieces that make it so fun!...

Here are some photos of me and my Dad taking apart my old 1500 apart this
weekend...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hj.carruthers/breakup1/DSCF0012.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hj.carruthers/breakup1/DSCF0014.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hj.carruthers/breakup1/DSCF0016.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hj.carruthers/breakup2/DSCF0006.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hj.carruthers/breakup2/DSCF0007.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hj.carruthers/breakup2/DSCF0011.jpg

It's a bit sad to take the old girl apart... but many of the parts will be
put to good use next year in my racing car... so it's not all sad news...

Now I've just got to figure out how to remove the front suspension (I
think I'll just undo the uprights :o) ) and then be able to lug it down
the drive for the scrappy to collect...

Anyway, onwards and upwards!!!!

Here's to many more years of Triumphing! Hurrah!

====On a side note... has anyone noticed a large decline in messages to
this list? I reckon its because of the various online forums... not to
blame them or anything... but it does seem to be getting less and less
traffic... personally I've been haunting the TSSC messageboard @
www.tssc.org.uk full of great people... and the useless chit-chat that I
love so much! :o)

James