older style allison/crane XR700 wiring question

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: older style allison/crane XR700 wiring question
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:13:04 -0700
Quick wiring question for anyone using the older style (black box)
crane/allison XR700.  By older style I mean the one with the transitor on
the outside.

I have two of these that work perfectly, never had a problem, don't expect a
problem, but have spares just in case.  Problem is, i just cut out my old
wiring and I drew up a wiring diagram which stated which wires went to the
coil and which was the black box ground, which I have lost.

I'm wondering if anyone out there still has one of these lying around or an
instruction manual for one.  The wire colours are Puple, Black and Red.

I've looked at the crane website and found instructions for the new xr700's
but they've changed wire colours.  My assumption is black to coil -, red is
+12v in, and the puple is the common ground, at least that's how I remember
writing it down

Aaron
#38 F-Prod Spit Mk IV Oregon Region