Re: [triumph_herald] Re: [triumph_vitesse] Gaydon Centenial

To: <triumph_vitesse@yahoogroups.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Re: [triumph_vitesse] Gaydon Centenial
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 20:10:53 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: <Herald948@aol.com>

> I think I speak for most everyone on the lists when I say THANK YOU for these
> great pictures. Nice to see such a great mix of cars, from "SMC 1" to TS2 and
> just about everything else (even a Phase 3 Vanguard "Ute" -- didn't know
> those existed outside of Australia)!

I'm fairly certain that particular one is an Australian import. I pnow the
earlier Vanguards were produced in the UK as Vans and Pickups (very popular
with the RAF), but I'm not certain about the Phase 3. I do know that's the only
one we ever get to see at any shows.
    There was also a very rough 1964 Standard 10 Pickup with the Pennant front
- that one turned up on a trailer and was for sale. I was tempted until I saw
exactly how bad it was and found out the asking price was 600 pounds! It made
Y128 look like concourse material.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--