got the oil plug out now the real issue!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: got the oil plug out now the real issue!
From: Stardust8409@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 15:14:36 EDT
Checking the bottom end of the engine,  That was the reason for pulling off
the oil pan. There is a loud clacking and no power on this spit. The local
spit guys that come by my house from time to time to admire my spit told me
it was a bad rod(bearing?) either in the lower end or the upper end, and said
if it was the lower end it'd be an easier fix, and said if it was in the
upper end it meant taking the head off and preferably removing the
engine(something I am very ill equiped to do). They said when I remove the
oil pan, see if anything jiggles. I found one thing that jiggled a good
amount forward and back(from passanger side to drivers)  and another matching
thing that only jiggled side to side(front of car to back) very slightly. As
I've said in the past I know very little, but am very willing and eager to
learn .

   I can provide detailed pics to anyone who thinks they might be able to
help, and doesn't mind.

   Any help is greatly appreciated

    Thanks, Todd