Stripped front sealing block

To: "'Spitlist'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stripped front sealing block
From: "Gary" <garytash@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 11:27:17 -0700
Reassembling an engine that's been sitting around here and there and
there for 2+ years is a journey of discovery of forgotten problems (not
to mention "where is that . .?" "I wonder what goes here?" and "what's
this thing?") and resultant backtracking.  I hate backtracking.

After reassembling the sealing block to the engine block, I have
discovered that the threads in the sealing block for the sump bolts and
for the mounting plate are stripped.  The sump bolts have some small
amount of hold (meaning they're probably not going to fall out).  I have
not yet been able to locate a new sealing block.  If I can't find one,
what are other options?  Is leaving it as is a serious oversight?  Does
one more hole in a sieve matter?

-Gary
Washington