soft top frame ?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: soft top frame ?
From: JohnZissler@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 04:50:19 EDT
Thanks to all of you that gave me advice on what frame this could be. It
turns out that it is a MK3 frame. What threw me was, after looking at the
pics on pages 191 and 194 of the Rimmers catalogue was that the front
moulding that fits on the windscreen top was more like the MkIV on page 194.
Thats the reason for my doubts. All is now cleared up and it will shortly be
on eBay hopefully it will make me a fortune. >big grin< All depends on who
does their homework. Just so that all Spitters on here dont get caught out, a
MkIV frame is 205 gbp (recon) and has a 50gbp surcharge.  The Mk3 frame is
NCA so no price is given I would imagine it isnt far off the MkIV price, even
more if the rarity value is taken into account. I will leave that to the
punters on eBay.
Again thanks to all who replied, you have saved me from giving a wrong
description.

Happy Spitting..................John  (In the UK)

Spitfire MkII in bits. (Others call it restoration)
Spitfire Chassis MkIV (awaiting a spot of welding) I am nearly a collector
!!!!!!!
Spitfire Mk III (for spares)   I 'am' a collector !!!!!!

This email is scanned by AVG Anti-virus protection  (www.grisoft.com)