Re: Hole Location for O/D Tranny Support

To: "Mike Chmura" <m.chmura@umassp.edu>
Subject: Re: Hole Location for O/D Tranny Support
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 09:19:22 -0400
The OD tranny uses a different plate.  If you have it, you will not need to
drill
anything; it will go in the same holes in the frame.

I highly recommend getting the correct plate. Even if you drilled the original
plate,
it will probably leave the rear end of the tranny at the wrong height.

1978 non-OD spits used plate #TKC484.  The J-type OD spits used plate
#TKC1407.

The Rimmer Bros catalog has all this info on page 22.

Every Spit owner should have a Rimmer Bros. catalog.  It is very-well
produced, and it is free!   Call +44 (0)1522 568000 and ask for one.

Americans: Do not be afraid to make an overseas phone call.
(Just don't try to reach a UK business in the afternoon, California time!)
For example, I can call the UK more cheaply than I can
call Philadelphia, 40 miles from my home.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

Doug