re. My First Spitfire... before the anesthetic wears off...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: re. My First Spitfire... before the anesthetic wears off...
From: "Spitfire Pat" <spitfirepat@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:59:24 +0000
As it was me who was the "fellow Spit Lister" referred to I have to come out
of my lurking state and offer commiserations to James and his Spit.  James
has recently been working close to my place for a few weeks and offered me a
blast in the Spit as my own one has been on axle stands for longer than I
would like to admit.  It wasn't ideal weather last Friday but I really
enjoyed it - the noise of the twin sports exhaust, the smell of the interior
(oil, fumes and damp carpet!) brought back many happy memories for me.
James, the ride gave me a little bit more incentive to step up the pace on
my car - you'll be the first passenger when it is done.

Pat
(and Crowley the Flamenco 1500, now back on his own 4 wheels with a shiney
red chassis, new suspension and rebuilt engine (2-litre) awaiting some
serious TLC to the bodywork)

>Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:59:28 +0100
>From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
>Subject: My First Spitfire... before the anesthetic wears off...
>
>My first Spitfire was a lovely Pimento red Spitfire... sadly rather
>shabby... but mechanically reasonable - it got me around.... and I loved
>it to bits...

>On my last day of work one easter holiday, I took the car in to show a
>few friends and colleagues, my pride and joy. I even gave a fellow Spit
>lister a drive around, bringing back memories.

<snip>