Re: oil cooler installation

To: na@verizon.net, Péter@verizon.net,
Subject: Re: oil cooler installation
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:03:16 -0700
"Bsna, Piter, VF-Hungary" wrote:

> The next weekend I would install a new 13 row Mocal oil cooler. I think
> to fit it flash with the radiator between the anti-roll bar and the  the
> water radiator bracket. This way the two radiators will not obstruct the
> airflow of each other and the anti-roll bar will provide mechanical
> protection. Is it a good place for the cooler? Is there any other
> requirements to take into consideration? Should the radiator be fitted
> hoses on the top or on the bottom or both are possible?
>
> thanks,
>
> peter

That is where I mounted mine.  It works fine for me.  Be sure that the
hoses are not rubbing on any sharp metal parts or you will soon lose a
lot of oil very quickly.  Better still, wrap the hoses with some sort of
rubber where they go through the shock tower.

I mounted the cooler so that the hoses enter at the top.  It is probably
better to have them on the bottom so that you can drain all the oil when
you change it but it makes clearance less and you may have a problem
with the fittings encountering road obstacles.

Joe