Re: UK Shows - Spitfire Tarmacrobatics Team

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: UK Shows - Spitfire Tarmacrobatics Team
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:50:34 +0100
Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:

>Dear James,
>
>I fear that you are turning into someone's grandfather.   String-backed
>driving gloves, indeed!

What the ones as worn by Graham Hill, Innes Ireland, John Surtees, Phil
Hill, Richie Ginther, Trevor Taylor, Jack Brabham, Dan Gurney, Giancarlo
Baghetti and Lorenzo Bandini? They're sort of string back....

http://www.holden.co.uk/prod_images/050_345.jpg

I'm sure they'll be (I hate the word) "retro" enough to be considered
cool. Stuff like this always comes back in to fashion! :) Im thinking on
the more functional side of thing too - being in an advanced
tarmacrobatics team and all!.

>By the way, I think it would be better to call ourselves the Triumph
>Advanced Tarmacrobatics Team Yellow.   That way we can claim to have a
>good reason for driving TATTY cars...

Or the TAT Team.... yellow sounds as if we're cowards or something...we
need to give over the fearless image... if we have to go with yellow
then perhaps Triumph Advanced Tarmacrobatics Team, Yellow Squadron :)

Anyway, I don't like to think of my car as tatty, more "well used" and
"cultured"... :)

James